Monday 28 February 2022

Photoshoot Gone Wrong

  Today I am going to be discussing how my gym photoshoot did not succeed and what steps I can take to better the results of my next photo shoot.

My first photoshoot was at Planet Fitness and they were images of my Model, Marissa Marill Working out. Since the results of my survey showed that one of the top picked locations for a photoshoot was the gym, it was the first place I intended to capture my images.

Unfortunately, Planet Fitness is not the best place to take images in. The lighting was not the best inside this gym. There were way too many people that would walk by and the scenery did not math my color scheme.

All photos that will be shown in this blog post are unedited and are the original images from the photoshoot at Planet Fitness. I had chosen five images out of the photoshoot that I believed might have some potential with editing. These images will not be used as a potential cover but, they could be useful if I were to do a section that demonstrates workouts or an advertisement for this specific gym.




The two images shown above have some of the most potential and could be used as a Planet Fitness advertisement in my magazine. The lighting was the best in these two images and they could be edited to make them look more professional, which would make them a possible option to be used in my magazine.


Both images that were taken in front of the window did not turn out the way I had expected them to. They turned out blurry and dark due to the gloomy outdoor lighting and the poor lighting in that section of the gym. However, these images could have potential using the proper editing.


This image shown above would only be used in my magazine if I were to make an advertisement for planet fitness or gaining access to a gym membership. I believe it is a good example of what exercise machines are accessible in this magazine.

Take Aways-
  • Look for perfect natural or artificial lighting
  • Research some professional photoshoot locations
  • Make sure my model is focused
  • Take more images than you think you will need
  • Make sure the background matches the color scheme
  • Take images in portrait if there are people in the background

This photoshoot has allowed me to take away what to do and what not to do for the next photoshoot I will have. I would like to find a location with excellent lighting that allows me to capture my models natural beauty. I now know that this gym does not have the best lighting and in order for my next images to become more presentable I have to take all factors that could degrade my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection 2

 CCR #2-  How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text? For my second Creative Critical ...