Friday 11 February 2022

Color Scheme Research

Color Scheme Research-

 This blog post is going to be about color research. I will be researching about color and color palettes to use in my magazine. I will be using this research to establish a color palette that matches the tone that I would like my magazine to express.

 

I would like my magazine color palette to be simple yet attention grabbing. The colors green, red, and blue resemble fitness. Colors that resemble women are green, white, and purple. After researching and discovering that green is a common color between the resemblance of fitness and woman, I decided to look into using the color green for my titlepage. However, I quickly discovered that green is the least common color used in magazines.

 

Since green didn't seem to be a popular color among magazines, I decided that I would look into colors that were popular for marketing and colors that statistically show better reviews from consumers. I found a website which is linked in the bottom of the page that says women prefer subtle tones of purple, green, red, and blue. In fact reading this article had taught me that blue is actually the universal favorite between men and women. Even though my magazine is directed towards mostly women, it doesn't mean that it can't grab the attention of men as well. I originally had wanted to use the color blue because I feel that blue is a commonly liked color, it stands out, and I have seen it used on other fitness magazines that are used as examples in previous blog posts. However, this research has made me realize that I will most definitely be using blue within my color palette because it is a highly liked color and it can help grab the attention of my readers.

 

I plan to use blue as the color of the text on my cover page. however, I do not want the entire color scheme of my magazine to be just blue. I would like to incorporate some other colors that go well with the color blue that I decide to use. So, I decided to go onto colors.co and look up color palettes to try and find the one that would best fit the tone that I would like the colors in my magazine to reflect.



Color Palette1-




Color Palette 2-


Color Palette 3-


Color Palette 4


Color Palette 5-


Color Palette 6-


Color Palette 7-


I feel that most of the color palettes would fit my magazine well but, that the color palettes that would resembles my magazine best would be palettes 1 and 7 would resemble the tone I am looking to give off in my magazine best. I cannot make my final decision until I have completed all of my photoshoots and planning the layouts within my magazine. But, I will most likely be using color schemes 1 and/or 7 in my magazine because it resembles trust, fitness, and the colors used within these two palettes are shades of two of the most popular colors used in magazines.



Citations-

https://coolors.co/palettes/popular

https://neilpatel.com/blog/psychology-of-color-and-conversions/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection 2

 CCR #2-  How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text? For my second Creative Critical ...